This is a helpful list of things you might want to bring when we meet for a cake tasting...
1. Your folder with your favorite cake ideas.
2. Pictures or examples of special touches you'll want to include with your cake like sugared fruit, fresh flowers, a specific cake topper, whether you will want it on a stand or not, etc.
3. An idea of how many guests will be attending your wedding.
4. Swatches or if you have other items easy to transport to display your wedding colors to influence your cake's color and décor.
5. An idea of what your wedding flowers will be, and how you might want to include them in your cake's decoration.
6. A general concept of wedding day details. For example, will the wedding take place in the afternoon or evening? Summer or winter? Will your wedding be ultra-formal, very casual or somewhere in-between? Will the reception (and the cake) be outside? Believe it or not, knowing these details will help you and your cake designer come to the perfect choice.
7. The name of your contact person and address of your venue.